What a REALTOR Can Do for You
The REALTOR you work with could be one of your most valuable resources. Unlike many real estate agents who are simply licensed by their state to do business, REALTORS have taken additional steps to become members of the local board of REALTORS and have agreed to act under and adhere to a strict Code of Ethics. Plus...
- A REALTOR can help you determine how much home you can afford. Often a REALTOR can suggest ways to accrue the down payment and explain alternative financing methods.
- A REALTOR, in addition to knowing the local money market, also can tell you what personal and financial data to bring with you when you apply for a loan.
- A REALTOR is already familiar with current real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and may be aware of local zoning changes that could affect your decision to buy.
- A REALTOR can usually research your housing needs in advance through a Multiple Listing Service--even if you are relocating from another city.
- A REALTOR can show you only those homes best suited to your needs--size, style, features, location, accessibility to schools, transportation, shopping and other personal preferences.
- A REALTOR often can suggest simple, imaginative changes that make a home more suitable for you and improve its utility and value.
- A REALTOR is sensitive to the importance you place on this major commitment you are about to make. Look for a real estate professional to facilitate negotiation of a win-win agreement that will satisfy both you and the seller.